Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rolling Over Wrong & the Importance of Laughter

“Rolling Over Wrong & the Importance of Laughter”

Oct 07, 2010
12:03 pm

I recently read somewhere that posture matters a lot even in our sleep.  I have always slept with a pillow between my knees if I sleep on my side and if I sleep on my back I put pillows under my knees.  I learned that posture matters even when you roll over.  Most people lead with their head when rolling over rather than keeping their head on the pillow when they roll over.  Leading with your head can cause neck and shoulder pain.  I decided to try this out.  I first rolled over leading with my head (like normal).  Then I rolled over with my head on my pillow and was surprised at the difference in the pain that usually follows after rolling over.  I thought this was an interesting thing to learn about considering I am a toss and turn kind of sleeper.

To close I want to remind everyone of the importance of laughter.  It feels good to laugh, especially when your days are filled with pain.  So, take a look at the “Emergency Kitten” picture and have a laugh. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!