Monday, November 15, 2010

A day in bed, a shrinking zebra, and a Halloween kitty

I spent all day in bed, exhausted and fatigued.  I have finally come to the conclusion that I have CFS/ME.  I was sick for a month last December and after I got over the illness I haven't been the same since.  There are days I'm so tired I can't stay awake more that 15 minutes.  When I try to read I see the words blur before my eyes then I'm waking up with a book on my face.  Sometimes lifting my soda can hurts so bad.  When it doesn't hurt it often is exhausting.

I have to admit, I didn't think that CFS/ME was much of a big deal until I got it.  I thought it was basically lazy people.  Now, since I've learned about fibro and CFS/ME in the last couple of years I know that my previous assumptions are untrue.  Knowing what something is and having the illness are still two different things.  I remember when I was sick the doctors didn't know what it was.  They assumed (as did I) that I had a bad sinus infection.  They did a catscan of my head because I wasn't getting any better.  The catscan revealed no sinus infection.

I've decided I need to do something about my weight.  The first thing I'm going to do is to concentrate on my eating habits.  I've started a blog, The Shrinking Zebra, to chronicle my weight loss journey.  The first week I'm just recording what I eat without changing anything.  I plan on loosely following Weight Watchers to start with.  I'm actually pretty excited about this.  I can see from the three days I've recorded my food intake that my eating habits are out of control.  I'm proud of myself for my determination to change this.

To end this blog I want to give you all a smile.


Niki in her Halloween princess costume

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!