Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Back after hiatus and drinking ginger tea for pain

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've been able to blog here.  Today I wanted to share a new pain fighting substance I have found.  Our friend Mary Lou, is very wise in herbs and such and is the one who gave me the idea for this.  Mary Lou told me to go to the grocery store and get a ginger root.  Then slice off some thin slices of ginger root and pour boiling water over it to make ginger tea.  DH made a trip to the grocery store for me today so that he could get me a ginger root.  Then when he got home he sliced off quite a few pieces, poured water over it, and put it in the microwave to boil.  He said he used the microwave last time, too, and it turned out great that time.  The tea is okay tasting, I've never been fond of ginger, otherwise I'd probably like it better.  The tea does make you hot, though.  Before you get your hopes us, it doesn't actually make you look hot, but makes you feel like your core temperature rose a degree.  I really doubt it does, but that's what it feels like to me.  DH made me another cup of it before I took a nap.  This one I had DH help me take a picture of, with a garnish of ginger root on the side of the cup and the ginger root itself is on the saucer so that you can see what it looks like.  I hope this can give someone else some pain relief.  Anytime I find something that helps with pain I will always let you guys know.  You'll hear from me again a lot sooner next time.
Ginger root tea for pain relief

1 comment:

  1. A similar tip is to take ground ginger (like from the spice section) and add it teaspoon by teaspoon to your bath water. I don't know the maximum amount but if you've got mucous membranes in the water (eg are usually considered a woman) be careful.
    Some people like ground mustard as well. The same caution about mucous membranes applies here as well.

    Lovely picture and tea cup & saucer.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!